Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo Articles and Update!

Hello, folks!

So! Today was a stupidly productive day! I wanted to start off strong on the NaNoWriMo affair. I began by doing some basic math on it; 50,000 words, 30 days. 50,000/30 = 1666.6666----, errr, 1,667. That's the per-day count of words needed to accomplish the task. If some days you write more, other days you can write less; if some you write less, others you must write more.

I reached that goal in my first burst!

Since this is more than a NaNoWriMo blog (though that'll dominate the next month!), I'm gonna ramble for a bit. After all, this is my blog! Anyway, I checked Suite101.com, a website I sometimes write at, and found there were no (turns out I was wrong; someone DID beat me to the punch) articles on NaNoWriMo from this year; not even one announcing that it had begun! Naturally, I went to work. I wrote myself an article. I wasn't sure if it would be accepted by the editorial staff there due to the past volume of work...

...And I found myself shocked as hell to see this message!




Oh yeah. I was thrilled. Sure enough, my post was on the front page there. I saved a screencap of that, too, for posterity! And for showing off!

But back to NaNoWriMo...I feel like its going really strongly. When I look at my word count, yeah, there's a slight fear I might run out of steam and creativity. However, considering how far I got today, I'm not concerned. The trick to this year's entry is that, while I don't have a name for it that I like, yet, I do have a plan. Or, rather, a plan for the beginning. I know how it will start. I don't know how it will end, except that it will end awesomely.

I was also really pleased to see that NaNoWriMo can take your current word count and project it on a graph, give you the total you've done, the number of days left, an "at this rate you'll finish by," and even a "words per day to finish on time." Its a nifty little thing, to see data on what you're doing as you're doing it! It might help control one's pace, making sure one doesn't burn out. Say, by writing too much in one day; something that I know I'm nowhere near the lead of the pack on, but not doing too badly with, either!

And that brings us too today's...

Obligatory Word Count: 2,437
- Its not a full second day's work, unfortunately, but it's about a day and a half! That means I'm a half day ahead, hence my "November 20th" finish date if I continue at this pace. Yay, math!

No comments:

Post a Comment