Monday, January 16, 2012

Waiting on Proofs

One of the hardest things I've had to do, as a writer, is wait on a proof copy. When publishing Physics Incarnate, today (Link goes to an updated preview), I uploaded my Microsoft Word formatted document, viewed the resulting print-ready .PDF file, then tweaked it and repeated. Satisfied, I was ready to distribute!

But, no. Amazon wants to check it over for 48 hours, and then they have to send me the dreaded "proof copy." This is a copy of the book you get to look over, find and tweak any mistakes, then either reject (and repeat the process) or accept the book.

In short...Its another long, annoying wait - it takes a minimum of five days to get everything taken care of! Ugh.

Oh well. On the upside, hey! My fund-raiser was successful! That means the novel is coming out with ferocity! I have so many people to thank for it, and they will be well thanked. Of that, I have no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment